Sunday, December 4, 2011

Erin Luongo & The Best Summer


  1. What inspired you to write this?
    1. The history about segregation in the South
  2. Who are your main characters?
    1. Abigail Louis and Hunter Magee
  3. Who is the antagonist and their intentions?
    1. Elroy, Hunter’s older brother. He murdered one of Abigail’s friends.
  4. Who is the protagonist and their intentions?
    1. Abigail and Hunter are the protagonists. They are telling the story through their experiences.
  5. What is the setting of your story?
    1. My story takes place in Birmingham, AL in 1955. Also however, part of my story takes place in Savannah, GA in 1965.
  6. What style did you type your paper in? Why?
    1. I’m writing my story in poem form. Poems are simpler for me to write and I feel like my story will be expressed better.
  7. Does the setting change at all?
    1. Yes, it will change between 1965 (at Abigail’s house) to various places in Birmingham in 1955.
  8. Do you have any dynamic (changing) characters?
    1. Yes, Abigail and Hunter go from adults to teenagers and back again several times.
  9. What are your main character's personalities?
    1. Abigail is very timid but extremely caring and strong willed (on the inside). Hunter is outwardly very outgoing, inwardly however he is unhappy.
  10. Based off of their personalities, what disadvantage and/or advantages do they have through the story?
    1. Neither character is able to stop the murder nor neither character tells the truth about it when questioned.
  11. What is the moral of your story?
    1. The moral of my story is ‘friendship can withstand and overcome any obstacle’.
  12. How do your characters resolve their main problem?
    1. The killer is caught and placed in jail.
  13. What relationships are in your story, between characters and their surroundings?
    1. Both characters grew up in Birmingham and their relationship is quite close. Both hide their true feelings from one another.
  14. What is your favorite part of the story?
    1. My favorite part in my story is when I introduce Birmingham. I love the lines “I lived in Birmingham, AL, in 1955, the most racist city in America, a title it held with pride”. I just love those lines.
  15. What is your least favorite part of the story?
    1. So far I don’t have a least favorite part of my story, I think it’s all pretty good so far.
  16. What would you change about your story?
    1. I wouldn’t change anything about my story. It all flows right, to me, and I think if I tried changing anything I would throw the entire story off track.
  17. How does the rising action of the story lead to the climax?
    1. Everything leads up to the murder. Abigail thinks back to herself about what happened. And then Hunter will think back to what happens; when both characters reach that point, their two sides of the story will unite.
  18. Does the main character face their own problems? or problems about their surroundings and/or surrounding characters?
    1. The only problems my main characters face are the sorrow felt about the murder.
  19. Where does the story start? (Time zone) And does that change?
    1. My story starts in Abigail’s kitchen in 1965 in Savannah, GA.  
  20. What affect does the setting have on your charactersa
    1. The 1955 setting shows what type of feelings that society had towards certain groups of people. This affects the entire story.
Interviewing Erin to find out more about her story had inspired me to read it. To read Erin's story, The Best Summer, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment