Thursday, November 17, 2011

Taking Flight


    If I was given the choice of any super power I would have to decide the power of flight. It would not have to be decorative with beautiful angel wings, or simple bird wings. I would enjoy just the ability to control myself in  flight. Flying would be very beneficial to me compared with other powers because I would be able to have a simpler and more enjoyable transportation capability and mostly, I would be special and different from everyone else in the world. I have been on planes several times in my life and honestly I become scared because I lack the trust to give to the machinery. But if I knew that I was in control then I would be more comfortable. The main connection I can relate flying with is my dreams.
The closest thing to experience I have to flying would have to be in my dreams. Unlike the people who always forget their dreams, I remember all of mine. If it weren’t for these dreams I would have maybe considered other powers besides flying. I have been dreaming since I was young, and I have had hundreds of dreams about forms of flying. There is gliding, floating, and soaring through the air in each of these specific dreams. I may have wings in some, and others I may just be able to slowly glide down to land. In one dream I had dreamt that I had escaped being trapped in a giant mansion. It was dark out and I was suddenly in my neighborhood with smaller houses. I soon discovered, almost by instinct, that I could use my arms to push the air and lift myself up. I had quickly mastered how to fly in the dream (not being real of course) and flew all around the trees and woods that circled my neighborhood. I was ecstatic about my ability and had loved it through out the whole dream. It was definitely a disappointment to wake up to. In a few of my dreams, while I was much younger, I found myself struggling to stay afloat and control where I was headed. Sometimes I would have great trouble even starting to fly in the first place. But, as soon as I began to have my more controlled flying dreams, I soon became more amazed by the light and false feelings it gave me. I would feel free and happy as I flew anywhere I desired.
Based off of the feelings I have experienced from my flight in dreams, I would have no choice but to choose the power to be able to fly. There are thought to be meanings behind dreams by certain cultures, people, and beliefs, and I am planning to look more into dreams and their meanings to help explore my experiences and desires. Flight can be very helpful and exhilarating for me. And I would prefer it over any other super powers every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment